Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Fitness

Having a child puts things into perspective. For me, it's physical fitness. I don't want what happened to my siblings and I to happen to my daughter, wife, and all of my family and friends. I need to get in shape. I need to stop procrastinating. I need to stop being lazy, and actually work at it. It's rough, especially if you haven't done any real physical training in a while. I took a college course called Strength Training and Conditioning. I read stuff online. I watch videos and such. Then, I do a sit-up. And a push-up. Makes me want to quit already. My gut gets in the way of both. I do a squat. My knees make funny sounds. And they hurt. I'll definitely take some cheese with that wine now. I'll get through it. This will be my release. If not for me, than for everyone else. I hope someone reads this, since I'm going to need encouragement. Talk again tomorrow.

Dave0


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

semele said...

Volumetrics? I just came across an article on this and its about substitution to stay full, and not about "sacrifice" of tasty things - which sounds right up my alley. However, it doesn't (from the article - probably the book does) say "get off your lazy ass" which is my other component - and likely most people's other component as well.

Anyhow, here's an intro link
http://www.volumetricseatingplan.com/description.html
And here's one as a brief example on how food substitutions work
http://www.volumetricseatingplan.com/tastetheplan.html